The Midwest’s Most Experienced Triathlon and Road Bike Fit Experts
The Bike & Tri Shop
36115 Plymouth rd. Livonia MI 48150 I 855.874.7467
Monday - Friday 10-7, Sat 10-6, Sun 12-5 (Closed Sunday & Monday Sept - Feb)
Our Expert Bike Fitting team includes:
- Combined 60+ years of professional fitting experience with beginners and professional athletes including World, Olympic, and Tour de France champions, 7-Eleven, Motorola, and Coors Light Pro Cycling teams, and US National and Olympic Cycling & Triathlon teams and athletes.
- Technical contributors to Felt Bicycles, Outside Magazine, Bicycle Guide, Bicycling, Triathlon Today!, USA Triathlon, Inside Triathlon and many other publications.
- Bike fitters to thousands of beginner triathletes and first timers.
- Trained and experienced in Serotta Size Cycle, Retül, Guru, Innovision, NECA, FitKit ,FIST and other fit systems.
- Graduate of first-ever Fit Institute of Slowtwitch class.
An Expert Bike Fitting Session includes:
Complete body measurement, torso to leg length ratio, interview, Innovision video motion capture, recording of body and position dimensions, prescription of best fit dimensions and bike selection based on measurements, stack and reach and ideal use. Includes adjustment of existing position. Includes basic pedal/cleat set-up. $150 per 90 minute session, $50 per half hour thereafter.
Tom Demerly has done thousands of road and triathlon bike fits since 1985. He is a graduate of the first triathlon-specific Fit Institute of Slowtwitch (F.I.S.T.) and the New England Cycling Academy (N.E.C.A.). He is proficient in the FitKit bicycle fit and measurement system and has used Retül, the Serotta Size Cycle and the Guru Fit Bike. Demerly was fitter to U.S. Olympic triathletes and world champions. He has completed the Ironman World Triathlon Championship in Kona, Hawaii along with five other Ironmans and raced over 150 triathlons. Tom has done endurance events on all 7 continents, including the Antarctic Marathon, Eco-Challenge, Raid Gauloises and Marathon des Sables. Demerly has written for Velo-News, Triathlon Today!, Outside, Inside Triathlon, and the USA Triathlon publication.